If you had told us 12 months ago that we would be still in the middle of a national lockdown, we probably wouldn’t have believed you, but what a crazy year it has been. While it has been a period of great stress, worry, and endless challenges, it has also been a year of critical lessons for anyone involved in the world of business. Most people will have learned more about their business than ever before. We have realised the importance of being adaptive and resilient, and there are some key takeaways from the past 12 months that we would like to share with you.
- Broadening your services is critical – We have seen a lot of businesses adapt to the pandemic by offering different services. It’s the “don’t keep your eggs in one basket” approach. By diversifying your products and services, you reduce risk. We’ve got a health-conscious, money-careful, and digital world at the moment, and this is something that you need to think about when offering new services to your customers. What do they want right now? Answer this question with your products and services and you’re onto a winner.
- We work better together – There’s a real collective spirit at the moment. We all want to help one and other, and this is something we should continue to do as time goes on. Collaborating with other businesses enables you to harvest mutually beneficial relationships that can push both of your companies forward; such as our collaboration with Your Business Development Team, which allows our clients to benefit from additional support.
- Offer free advice to your customers – Now is not the time to be charging customers for advice. It has been a hard year. Giving a little bit for free can go a very long way.
- Embedding resilience into your business is a must – A lot of business owners have realised that they need more adaptability within their business model. Being able to respond to unexpected situations is a must, and this is something that we have all had to contend with this year.
- Be genuine, not opportunistic – Rather than thinking about what you can gain, think about how you can help. Reaching out to people with a genuine heart, i.e. because you actually want to help them, helps to build loyal and meaningful relationships that will stand the test of time. This is what all businesses need for sustained success.
- Customer experience is everything – Finally, we have also realised just how critical customer experience is. Yes, we have always known that this is a vital ingredient. However, it is the number one thing you should be looking to improve at all times. How can you make the experience better for your customers?
Supporting The Reopening Of Small Local Businesses
As individuals, we can help to support local and small companies that are slowly preparing to open their doors again. It’s a big moment for these business owners, so try to help in any way you can, including:
- Discovering new brands
- Buying gift cards to use at a later date
- Sharing your favourite stores on social media
- Leaving good reviews for businesses online
- Spreading the word
- Trying to reschedule appointments instead of cancelling if possible
We can all do our part to support businesses throughout what is sure to still be a tricky time. If you’d like our advice on how to re-launch your business post lockdown, we’d be happy to help you. Simply get in touch with our team and we’ll have a chat about whether a door drop marketing campaign could help you make an impact at email@example.com